Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Crazy Days

It's almost May, so every parent, child, and teacher knows that the crazy days cometh. For our family, they have absolutely arrived in the form of four baseball practices and six games per week between the two boys, as well as water polo and regular orthodontist appointments. Aden and William are both in braces, which seem to require constant maintenance. I gave up running but I'm still constantly on the run!

In one of our many carpool legs last week Daniel took a picture of himself and gave it the caption, "What? Don't you take me seriously?"  His grinning face above the words just cracks me up, especially since he took the photo and emailed it to me from the carseat right behind me! The kids' cracker-jack energy lights a bonfire under us each morning and afternoon, though strangely, it does not lend itself to completing homework assignments. Spring fever, indeed, and a case of "senioritis" for my fifth grader. How is it even possible to contract senioritis when you are only ten years old?

Just one of many questions I have for the universe as I race around from place to place. The other baseball moms and I constantly remind ourselves that this is fun, this is the schedule we signed up for and that we should enjoy it while it lasts. At least I have the radio pre-sets organized in the minivan so that the musical preferences of all the kids and adults have been addressed. We spend so much time in the car that its conveniences are paramount. Now I just have to get the snow tires taken off and replaced before swim season starts, and we'll really be on the ball . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment