Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Flashback

Over the weekend we celebrated my dear friend Heidi on the occasion of her 50th birthday. As you can see from the photo above, Heidi looks more like 28 than 50, and many people accused me of getting her birthday wrong. They said, "she couldn't possibly be 50," and the answer is that she's not. She's young at heart and in spirit, healthy and strong, positive in outlook, and generous in every way. Those attributes belie her chronological age and ensure that she will be young for as long as I know her, and after.

It was so much fun to have the '80s theme to focus on; the outfits worn made me smile and laugh so hard that my cheeks hurt the next way - the best kind of sore! By going out on a limb with their outfits, hair, and jewelry, folks walked in with their social barriers down and set the stage for laughter and some funky dancing! Occasionally, when watching a husband - wife team get down like they were teenagers, I would picture the expression their  5th grade son or daughter would wear if they could witness the scene. I am sure the kids would have been horror-struck, but to me it was a great affirmation of the positive energy among our friends and in our neighborhood. It's amazing how fast the years go - Heidi said the person who helped her shop at H&M had not even been born during the 80's - but also fun to look back and see how many great experiences those years contain. Here's to more good memory-filled years.

No comments:

Post a Comment