Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Friday, October 18, 2013

End of Passion

No, not really the end of passion but certainly the end of this week's writing on the subject. The word has lost some of its meaning, as the word 'shank' does when you say it out loud over and over. After reviewing some of the quotes and opinions that I included this week, I may be cautious about using the word passion, being passionate myself, or being drawn in too close to fiery, passionate people. The flame burns, fellow moths. Instead, I prefer to think of myself as energized and enthusiastic about central things in my life; Rob and the kids, my extended family, friends, writing neophyte poems, playing beginner guitar, climbing mountains (albeit slowly) and eating a good chicken on brown rice tortilla.

I hope you have a weekend full of good  fall fun and plenty of occasions to get enthusiastic about life. I have a water polo game and a flag football game lined up,a fall festival on Sunday, and the - oh joy! - we get to pick Rob up at the airport on Sunday evening. So I'll be feeling good for all of you and grateful for you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment