Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Monday, March 3, 2014

A wee bit of humor

I was reminded over the weekend that some good jokes can change your mood for the better. Unfortunately, my brain is the black hole of jokes - though I've heard many, none have ever surfaced to be retold. My son is good with remembering and making up jokes (he must have inherited this trait from his father) and since he has testing at school all this week (and the next, and the next) he thought he would get a list of jokes together. I am supposed to surprise him with one joke off of the list each day by slipping it into his pocket, so when he looks down at his joke just before the test starts, he receives a humorous jolt to his brain.

Rob has contributed to the kids' education in humor by showing all of the Harold Ramis movies - most recently Meatballs. The children loved the movie and several of its one-liners made William's joke list, but the kids almost had a heart attack when they saw the current Bill Murray at the Oscars. It's hard to absorb 30 years of aging in less than 24 hours! Since I've already contributed my entire collection of Calvin and Hobbes,I'm fresh out of humor and had to resort to the internet. Here are a few jokes I printed off for William. Hope it helps get your week off to a good start! And, (to borrow from Bloggess Jenny Lawson) you're welcome!

1. It’s hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
2. I used to think the brain was the most important organ. Then I thought, look what’s telling me that.
3. What does a nosey pepper do? Get jalapeño business.
4. What is Bruce Lee’s favorite drink? Wataaaaah!
5. The dyslexic devil worshipper sold his soul to Santa.
6. You kill vegetarian vampires with a steak to the heart.
7. There was a prison break and I saw a midget climb up the fence. As he jumped down her sneered at me and I thought, well that’s a little condescending.

No comments:

Post a Comment