Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday Thoughts on Love

I spent a lovely hour with my Just Faith family this morning, and during our time of prayer, meditation and reading I gathered a few wonderful quotes. My daily email from Richard Rohr yielded a third. Good food for thought as I re - vision my self and purpose.

"Any exercise of power apart from love leads to brutality and evil; but love that does not lead people to a whole new kind of power is mere sentimentality and emotion."
- Father Richard Rohr

"My occupation--love. . . it is all I do."
- John of the Cross

"What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, who knows you, what breaks your heart and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love and it will decide everything."
- Pedro Arrupe

No comments:

Post a Comment