Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Ides of March, 2017

For the Ides of March (March 15), 2017, I decided to participate in a letter-writing campaign to our current president. As suggested, I addressed my five postcards (one for every member of my family) to the following:

President (for now) Donald J Trump
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC
20500

The campaign suggested writing something that I was passionate about on the left side of the card and mentioned the following possibilities: Health Care, Education, Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Immigration.  How to choose?  Fortunately, I had five cards so I could write several messages. I'm including them below in case you feel inspired to drop your own postcard in the mail tomorrow. It's a national movement so the slow-down in the DC mail should make elected officials take notice.

Here are my (slightly edited) comments:

- Every human being is valuable! Stop separating families by deporting moms and dads.
- Stop deporting harmless men, women and children. Breaking up families - not an American value.
- Stop dismantling public education by mandating taxpayer support of vouchers and charter schools. I will not pay for a religious private school! Separation of church and state, remember?
- Keep our air and water clean and preserve our planet for our (and your) children!
- Preserve the EPA or history will blast you for being a short-sighted, selfish fool.

The impact may be nil but the action sure felt good. #RESIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment