Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Monday, April 18, 2016

From Peak to Valley

I got a bit ahead of myself in the last post ("Not Bad for an Aging Bod").  Somewhere in the last week my hips got out of whack, my IT band spasmed up, and my left patellar tendon yanked further to the left. Basically, I dislocated my kneecap - twice. So I've been hobbling around the house in pain, wrapped in ice packs or ace bandages, eating sugar out of stress and desperately rolling on the foam roller and soft ball.

The leg is a mess, and though one trip to the chiropractor helped a lot, I sat wrong on the coach on Saturday during family movie night and I was right back in the valley of pain and frustration. My sleepless night was further broken up by Daniel, who has barely slept through the night in the past six months. He's been mostly going to William's room to sleep, but lately has disrupted William too much so began to come into our room.

I risk being seen as severely lacking in compassion but I'll say it anyway - I hate having the kids come into our room at night. Our door is shut to keep the cat out, and when Daniel turns the doorknob and busts his way in he always wakes us up. That's a big no-no.  Rob ordered a radio for him that will play the Disney channel and we're hoping (with waning strength) that the radio will help him stay put.  Threats, rewards/bribes, logic, rearranging the room,etc - nothing has worked.

So here we are in a little bit of a valley - pretty typical to slide downhill any time life has brought you up for a brief, triumphant look around. Sometimes you make a plan, work the plan and still don't move forward. Here's hoping that Daniel and I both make progress this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment