Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Saturday, March 28, 2015

A Family of Travelers

I walked the black rubber track at West Mesa High School this morning, looking up at the blue sky and hot air balloons over Albuquerque. As a red-white-and-blue checked balloon floated directly overhead, two young girls in pink jeans and sweatshirts sprinted down the side of track and boldly approached hurdles left out on the edge before darting around them and collapsing in giggles on the grass.  William's team won his 7:30am water polo game by a score of 16 to 2 and I walked before heading back to the hotel for some writing homework.

The two of us are in Albuquerque through tomorrow and Aden jetted off to Washington DC on her eighth grade trip this morning. She'll return Wednesday evening of Spring Break week with a few days to rest and restore before classes start up for the home stretch of the school year.  Meanwhile, Rob and Daniel are left ruling the roost at home, no doubt enjoying gluten-ous baked goods at every meal and spending Daniel's birthday money freely.

I scratch my head in wonder that my children have reached the stage where they travel frequently - and increasingly without parents in tow.  My good nights to the children were conveyed via text message last night, and though William was only down the hall I can see into the future when he won't need or want us on these water polo jaunts. For now I can enjoy being here to watch him play, with some time between games to get work done. Sending prayers to all my family members - including those in northern California for Jack's baptism - and traveling mercies for wonderful times and a safe return.

No comments:

Post a Comment