Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Acknowledgments

Brain Highways teaches us to acknowledge our kids for behavior that is productive, creative, kind and adventurous. With that in mind I would like to acknowledge my kids (and a few adults) for their accomplishments over the past week:

- William for his willingness to try a new sport, meet new people, and take on a leadership role
- Aden for supervising and helping Daniel with his BH homework all weekend while I was gone, also for cleaning house and keeping track of her activities
- Daniel for earning a leadership award from school for his perseverance and focus during a reading program at school, also for many kind presentations of Valentines to family, coaches and teachers
 - Rob for ensuring that both Aden and Daniel got to practices and games all weekend, for going to church twice on Sunday, and for supporting me in my goal of spending as much time as possible with my sister
- Karen for willingly walking each day of our trip (and getting sweaty in the bargain), driving around Orange County in search of the water polo team, and cheering for and with people she had never met with a happy heart and positive spirit

I am so grateful for all of you! What a blessing to be involved in your lives and to love you.

xoxo Laura and Mom


2 comments:

  1. Just between you & me-to recover from the uncharacteristic excess of exercise during your visit (on my part anyway), as well as to eradicate any lingering unpleasantness from the copious sweating (also on my part), I spent Monday eating chocolate & showering. Loved having you! Please come back when it isn't 90 degrees in CA.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a hint - if you post a comment on my blog it won't be just between you and me! Though you're carefully anonymous, of course :-). Loved every part of the visit, including the warm weather, but will try to arrange for cooler temps next time on your behalf. xoxo

    ReplyDelete