Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Monday, May 12, 2014

Snowing

Turns out I didn't need to worry about schedule conflicts on the first day of swim practice as we have six inches of snow on the ground. The heavy, wet, white stuff started falling yesterday at 10 am and somehow it's still going. We resurrected winter coats and boots so the kids could get to school and I brought the emergency snow shovel from the back of the car since the rest of our shovels are put away for the "summer." Baseball cancelled, swim team cancelled, and the heat kicked back on.  No planting on Mother's Day, though the lawn will benefit. I feel 'off' somehow, like I landed in a parallel universe or that time temporarily rolled back a month.  Surely in a week, when it's 70 and sunny again, we'll feel more normal. For now, I'll accept life's little reminder that as I am not in control, there's no point in worrying about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment