Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Monday, March 17, 2014

Back in the Swing

Back at home in our converted dining room / office. The sun persists in shining through heavy cloud cover and currently highlights the dust and crumbs on the floor. I apparently missed a few spots when I was ninja cleaning yesterday; I got home earlier than I expected and found an empty house. Grateful for the opportunity to sweep up five days' worth of kitchen crumbs and homework / mail, I barely got through the basics before the kids got home and demanded to see their presents.  It's such a gift to hold them and Rob in my arms and get caught up on the impressive list of events that transpired in my absence: a lunch with the principal, a harrowing water polo practice, a great night at the Imagine Dragons concert, and all sorts of odds and ends that need to be told to mom before the kids feel like they really happened.

To sum up the last five days, I offer a quote sent to me by my dear friend, Heidi. I don't know the source, but please enjoy the sentiments:

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from
all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who
make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who
treat you well, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything
but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up living."

Have a great Monday -

2 comments:

  1. We did not storm in and demand to see the presents... We calmly and subtly requested to see them.

    ReplyDelete