Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Friday, November 11, 2016

Galvanized

verb  gal·va·nize \ˈgal-və-ˌnīz\

: to cause (people) to become so excited or concerned about an issue, idea, etc., that they want to do something about it: to cause (a force that is capable of causing change) to become activeMerriam Webster
I'm tired of crying at unexpected times, picking at my food, and feeling generally like a black cloud has descended on the world. Also, sleeping would be good.
I felt happy for a few minutes yesterday while donating money to protect the earth, civil rights, and at-risk populations. Also happy - petitioning the electoral college to vote for the nation's popular vote winner - Hillary Clinton (Electoral College.) [ If Trump won the popular vote and lost the electoral college, would he go down without a fight? I think not.] Huffington Post had a sweet item about safety pins, so I put one on my shirt to show my intention to be a "safe" person, open water amidst the sharks. (Safety Pins)
Then I read about Trump's first items of business: abandoning the Paris Climate treaty, establishing anti-LGBTQ measures, cutting funding to sanctuary cities. And I thought f*!$ this sh@#.
I've been a good girl all my life - with a few notable exceptions. I blog about autumn leaves, family vacations, poetry seminars. No more. I'm done. 
To those columnists pleading for civility, compassion and kindness: I will be open-minded with Trump supporters, empathetic, willing to listen, and kind. Mr. Trump will have to earn my civility and my respect.  If he acts on those horrid promises I will be bad-ass. I am galvanized. 
If he screws with my children's planet, deports my friend, takes away my rights? I'm not gonna be polite. If he grabs a woman by the crotch and laughs? I'm headed to Washington. I dare him to call me a "nasty woman."  I'll put it on my urn. It will be my highest accolade. 
I'm done crying.



No comments:

Post a Comment