Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Still Trying . . .

Still trying to give up anxiety. Unfortunately, I only remember to give it up after it reaches a fever pitch, as it did this morning when I paused between organizing a fifth grade flash mob and planning 6-year-old soccer practice to buy diet pepsi for Carol (which I had forgotten in my 8 previous trips to the grocery store this week). I decided that blogging was an acceptable way to alleviate my anxiety and put off cleaning the bathrooms and floors before John and Carol and their children arrive tonight. We are going to have a blast when they're here but the pre-visit cleaning is not my forte!

Between teaching science, sitting through class on the nature of Evil and Sin, Pain and Suffering, flash-mobbing and soccer coaching, I have witnessed a few miracles. These include:

- the smell of a daffodil
- love, freely given and totally undeserved
- a surprise early birthday present
- forgiveness of a child

I am grateful for miracles and all of the people in my life who provide them. I am also grateful for family and the effort they make to spend time with us. Some family members wanted to come but were prevented by health issues; we want to send special loving and healing thoughts to my father-in-law, who is prepping for hip surgery, and my father, who is recovering from cataract surgery. And our thoughts are with my nephew on his second birthday this Saturday, and his parents who are prepping for the birth of their second child. Lots and lots of love, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment