Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

From Blog to Book

I haven't posted very faithfully over the past two months, as I was working on a "secret" Christmas project to turn selected blog entries into a book entitled Wild Specific Tangent: A Mother's Musings from 2009 - 2017.  Through Amazon's Create Space I was able to create the book and cover myself. The selection process - culling from 676 blog entries over eight years - took a long time. I went through several edits, and published a first edition for my family for Christmas before the Works Cited pages were done.  After a few more iterations of edits and writing my citations according to MLA format, I am ready to let a few other folks know about the book.

While my children and extended family are the obvious focus and a significant intended audience, friends and community members are also central to the theme: we can't get through our lives without help.  Though I've been blessed with three amazing children, a wonderful husband and financial resources, I found motherhood to be exceptionally difficult. It wasn't an immediate match with my personality, and when I went to exercise for stress relief, I overdid it and almost permanently ruined my health. If it weren't for friends, faith, family, and our larger neighborhood and church communities,  we wouldn't have made it.

So if any of my faithful blog readers are interested in the story of our journey through rough times and joyful ones, the book is on Amazon in both paperback and Kindle form. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Wild-Specific-Tangent-Mothers-Musings/dp/1979959404/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514400370&sr=8-1&keywords=wild+specific+tangent. Or you can do  search on Amazon and it comes up, to my amazement.

My family received their Christmas copies graciously and have so far withheld any but the most loving commentary. Happy New Year to everyone - may it be full of peace, love, friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment