Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Spring to Winter and Back Again

I have a fairly rich tan from swimming outdoors at noon (yes, here in Colorado). On Monday I was hanging out on the deck in my suit, laughing with friends and basking in the 70 degree sunshine.  Today we received as a spring gift not daffodils but 18 inches of snow and a snow day. We dug out the shovels and (after three attempts) dug out our driveway. We also colored Easter eggs and prepped for spring break trips and visits.

My kitchen mirror is as schizophrenic as I feel. A palm frond is tucked behind the right corner, a "Happy Birthday" banner drapes across the front, a leprechaun colored by Daniel is taped to the center and Easter cards swing by their scotch tape along the bottom.  I took a video of the egg coloring and panned from the daffodils in a vase to the eggs and dye, to the window showing a foot and a half of snow, and had to turn the darn thing off it was making me so dizzy.

And what is WITH the early Easter? Can't a body find time to breathe around here? Daniel was angry with me because I didn't decorate for St. Patrick's Day, forgot the corned beef and cabbage and failed to purchase any bright green trinkets for the kids.  How to explain that I've barely got his birthday under control, Rob and the kids might be eating Qdoba for Easter dinner, and between us, the cat is the sanest mammal in the house?

Rob is stuck in Virginia and hopefully gets home (a day late) tomorrow, just in time to swap parental places with me so I can fly out to Montana on Friday. Prayers welcome, if you have any to spare, and Easter blessings to all. I'll be driving West out of Truckee on Easter morning with Mom and Dad, the sunrise behind us and the mountains all around us, and I'll give thanks for a good life with the ones I love. It goes fast, and it's precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment