Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Sugarboo

Come to think of it, I have better things to do than pick the chocolate chips out of chocolate chip cookies as if I was really going to abstain from eating the broken leftovers. I scurried the chips into my mouth last night while absent-mindedly writing my to-do list for today. The internal dialogue went something like this:

"This is stupid. What if Rob turns around and catches me with my face in the Tupperware?"

"So what? I didn't eat those amazing - looking brownies at book club so it's actually possible that I'm hungry now."

"You're never hungry at 9:00pm. Plus, you already had a dark chocolate truffle. Dessert is OVER."

"Well since I'm eating the second dessert while cleaning the kitchen it doesn't really count. Calories consumed while doing chores are void."

And so on.  I may be in denial over the stupidity of eating various trifles but I fully acknowledge my sugar addiction, which is manageable during the day but rages out of my control between the hours of 7 and 9 pm. (It would probably rage later if I went to bed after 9:30).

As the new year begins and resolutions are made, I don't even know what to say about the sugar issue. It's a bugaboo all right. The best I can hope for is that one veggie smoothie + one Trader Joe's kale salad = dark chocolate truffle + several chocolate chip cookies. That and convince my loved ones to stop baking cookies ;-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment