Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Monday, May 13, 2013

Road Out of Suffering


Out of the swirling muck
A lithe spring stem unbows.
I ask, which way to the light?
In reply pale petals open,
Reveal a glistening center, 'hope'.

That golden heart reaches skyward as
I turn maggots, rocks, manure with every
Sodden step, but her message
Catches me in a fragrant trace
Of breezy whisper, 'hope'.

My road splits decisively now,
Leaves no middle ground, no ease.
I seek firmer tread, climb uphill path
Toward fading rays in tractor beams that
Draw me to last gasp, or understanding.

Steep lies the way. Near the crest
I stumble and reach for balance,
Hand falls on outstretched hand, my
Flower's Sculptor here for ballast, strength.
We leave the valley behind, together.

The summit allows vistas of grace
As twilight bends the knee to
Shady cool of moonlight blessing.
Mind and body slow, becalmed, as
Spirit breath transfers peace, communion.





No comments:

Post a Comment