Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Monday, April 1, 2013

Disappointment, Surprise, Renewal

Happy Belated Easter to all. I've been busy entertaining my lovely parents, who made the long drive down from Polson to celebrate my birthday and the Easter holiday with our family. It was wonderful to play guitar with my dad and to cook and knit with my mom. They are dealing with their own struggles in the way of illness but the love flows untouched by our earthly disappointments.

Our pastor spoke yesterday on the disappointments of life, the lovely surprises that can uplift us in darkest times, and periods of renewal.  My whole family is dealing with disappointments regarding illness, and yet we can be surprised by amazing moments of shared music, like guitar duets with my dad or dancing competitions with my son, Daniel.  I can be surprised by good days with my head pain, or by loving words of support spoken by friends or caregivers.

Easter is set in springtime on purpose, of course, as we celebrate new life and longer daylight hours. I pray unceasingly for renewal in my body, mind and soul, and I pray for renewal of purpose and delight for all of us. Jesus is really the perfect Messiah in that he suffered torments and disappointment in his short earthly life, followed by the amazing surprise and renewal of the resurrection. I'm glad he is in the business of resurrection, for it's what we all need.

No comments:

Post a Comment