Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Borrowed Quotation

I'm getting off easy today by passing along a poem instead of writing one, but I know you will love this piece by Hafez. I came across "With That Moon Language" in Fr. Gregory Boyle's book, Tattoos on the Heart: Tales of Boundless Compassion.(Amazon Link). It eloquently expresses every human's desire to be seen, heard, and loved. Consider these lines as hugs and kisses from me to you.

With That Moon Language

Admit something:
Everyone you see, you say to them, "Love me."
Of course you do not do this out loud;
    Otherwise,
Someone would call the cops.
Still though, think about this,
This great pull in us to connect.
Why not become the one
Who lives with a full moon in each eye
That is always saying
With that sweet moon
     Language
What every other eye in the world
Is dying to
     Hear.

-Hafez


No comments:

Post a Comment