Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Monday, March 23, 2020

One Tribe, Music Monday

"One tribe, one tribe
One tribe, one time, one planet, one (race)
Race, one love, one people, one (and)
Too many things that's causing one (to)
Forget about the main cause
Connecting, uniting"
- Black Eyed Peas, "One Tribe"

Listening to this song on my walk yesterday, I felt my heart beat heavier against my rib cage. How true this is now,  the differences between people are dwarfed by COVID-19. The disease only emphasizes how similar we are and how the survival of one depends on the survival of all. (If you want to listen and watch Black Eyed Peas, go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5E_yFyGDjM.)

Music surfaces all over my Facebook page and William's Reddit as groups of people around the world unite in song from their socially distanced positions. We've heard Italians singing and playing instruments in their windows and on their balconies, Spaniards singing for health care workers, students in Boston chanting "Lean on Me," citizens of Chicago belting out "Living on a Prayer" (OK, that was just my sister-in-law in my niece, but full points for trying), children's choirs harmonize virtually in a performance that moved from in-person to online. Amazing.

On this sunny Monday morning in Colorado I am grateful for my family bonding time, grateful that our family game of Hearts ended in laughter and not tears (a first), thankful for Rob and William's long walk together yesterday, for doing yoga with Aden and for Daniel's virtual bonding with friends in their communal Minecraft game. I want to add music to our personal daily mix, both to join the global chorus and to get lost from the thoughts in my own head. 

Wishing you a Musical Monday. Stay safe and well,
xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment