Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Rex

My husband is out of town so I attempted a one-night stand with a new man. His name is Rex, the cat, and I use the word "attempted" because there was no sleeping with a cat draped over my neck and face, purring like a miniature Harley. Granted, Rex tried to be amorous, nibbling on my ear and fake biting at my silver stud earring, but I've always preferred a little space when I sleep and the cat just did not get my memo. After a half-hour of failed relocation attempts I got up and walked him down the hall to Daniel's room, where he presumably slept the night away.

Rex fits our family like a golden glove; he loves playing with toys, sleeping in our laps, and stalking the guinea pig. Also, he's sick. We brought him home from the Dumb Friends League with a virus and he's already been to the vet to get medicine, an Rx for baby food, and instructions to steam every day in a hot bathroom. Nothing like a sick cat to blow the water bill.

Between Rob's handoff of the stomach flu to me, Aden's diagnosis of walking pneumonia, William's sniffles and the cat sneezing snot everywhere, our home is a veritable treasure trove of germs. We've never had a first week of school kick off with quite so many illnesses floating around the house and I can only hope it gets better from here. At least we have a loving little kitty to help us survive.

Post script - We are so thrilled to welcome our new nephew, Thomas Julius Clavadetscher! Congratulations to Mike and Pam, Mac and Joey on their new addition. We can't wait to meet him . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment