Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Monday, July 8, 2013

Midsummer Fights Gleam

Hot, hot, hot. Colorado summer is in full bloom and the kids are getting on each other's nerves. For better or worse, we are busy this week with two full days of swimming prelims and preparations for our road trip to Montana. We had a fun weekend, though, heading up to the mountains for a music festival in Idaho Springs. Daniel and Luke entertained each other by throwing peanuts into each other's mouths and Aden, Heidi and I hula-hooped and danced into the evening. Sunday saw me back in open water for a swim at Grant Ranch. Technically, it was a race, though I am still under a self-imposed moratorium on racing.

I've been trying to do some reading and return to taking notes and making observations, a habit that I fell out of the past few weeks. My daughter inspired me anew and hopefully one day she will let me post her lovely poetry here.  I'm going to put one of my new pieces below, then head upstairs to break up a free-for-all Nerf war. Love to all -
Laura

After All

Lose your mind
Come to your senses.
Hear the truth -
The mind is a good servant
But a bad master.
Release your thoughts,
Watch them whirl skyward.
Sunrise caught on the
Underside of hawk's wing.
Feel the mystery,
Touch the code in the ascent
Then break it with your teeth.
Taste the bitter and the sweet,
Diagnose the dis-ease.
Now, let go. Be at peace.
It's only life, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment