Family Moab

Family Moab
In Arches National Park

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Firefly

My intro version
plays hide and seek,
burrows under shrubbery,
peers around
chimney bricks
reluctantly releasing heat
of midday sol-itude,
their radiance dissipating into
vaporous twilight, swirling
shouts of chattery laughter.

Intro masquerades as an extra,
the last player in the game,
sequestered until compañeros start
to drift away, their irritation
scratching the early evening air,
too impatient to wait for me
to re-light the spark,
gleam like a firefly
for treasured moments,
broken by darkness.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that I have read several of your posts. You are amazingly talented and deeply insightful. It is creatively invigorating to read your blog. I am so happy to know you.

    ReplyDelete